Sunday, April 1, 2012

Easter Greetings - Altered Flower Container

Edited to add: My Altered Flower Container won Top 5 at MDUC.

Hello friends, back with a fun project for my DT over at It's a Magnolia Challenge. This week we want to see an Easter creation using green and orange. I altered a flower container to create an Easter scene using Tilda with hellebores and my floral background stamp. I thought this little girl looked so cute with those rain boots, perfect to go gardening in Spring.


I used watercolors (Distress Re-inkers) for the background and Copic markers to color my Tilda. This is the first time I used the two techniques together and I love it! I also applied Orange Stickles to both, Tilda's flowers and the flowers in my background.



To create the "rubbery" effect of rain boots I applied to coats of Glossy Accents to the boots. I just love the way they look! (Unfortunately, it's hard to see it in the pictures).


For the grass I used Magnolia Grass DooHickey's cutting die around the container and inside. The small flowers inside the scene are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the silk orange flower on top is from Recollections.


Both, Mr. Easter Bunny and the tag are free digi images I found online. I decorated the Easter tag with some ribbon, lace, twine and a cute little charm (nest with eggs) I found at my local craft store.


To color Miss Tilda I used: Skin, E13, E11, E00, E000 and R20. Hair: E59, E57, E33, E31. Rain boots, flowers and hair bow, YR18, YR15, YR12 and YR00. Dress, W5, W3 and W1. To color the background I used, grass: Peeled green. Sky: Tumbled Glass. Sun: Antique Linen. Clouds: Weathered Wood and butterfly: Mustard Seed.


I would like to enter these challenges:

TOMIC: Easter and photo inspiration
MDUC: Easter Inspired
Just Magnolia: Springtime
Simon Says Stamps: Anything Goes
StampARTic: Bingo (Flowers, Stamp, Ribbon)

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Paola

17 comments:

  1. Oh, this is absolutely fabulous! Such a lovely scene you've created, and the colours are delicate ;) Stunning to pieces!

    hugs,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so cute! A realy great easter treat. Love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutly gorgeous! Fantastic idea!
    Hugs, Barbara GR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely GORGEOUS Paola! I adore every stop at your blog....I could sit in awe over every creation of yours! Stunning work hun!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! :) That is SO BEAUTIFUL! I love the use of both of the techniques together. Thank you for your card at StampARTic! It´s beautiful! :) Good luck. Hugs from Henrikke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paola this is absolutely gorgeous, so sweet and beautifully coloured :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear Paola ..
    on my.. i just amazed for this!
    totally stunning for coloring, design and pieces
    love your creation as always and walking through your blog so enjoyable dear ..

    Many Loves,
    Yulis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Paola,
    I absolutely love your project, you know it:-))
    Very stunning and gorgeous !
    Thanks for joining us at TOMIC.
    regards,
    Ying

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic bucket so pretty and full of sunshine too
    Thanks for joining in our challenge @ Totally Tilda
    Hugs Susie Sugar xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH WOW!!! this is just beautiful, and very creative...thanks for joining us at totally tilda & good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning creation, love the glitter on the flowers. Thank you for playing at Totally Tilda.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning project with so many lovely details! I love the glossy rainboots and the glittery flowers. A really beautiful scene and a brilliant use of the little pail.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is super stunning!
    hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely little bucket, great colours
    thanks for sharing with us at Magnolia Down Under this week
    Happy Easter
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is absolutely amazing! You have sooo many wonderful and adorable ideas and it's always so inspiring to visit here. I love the colours you've used making this cute little bucket and all the details are incredible!

    ReplyDelete